Founded in 1972, Bryce Fastener, Inc. designs and manufactures custom bolts, custom nuts and custom designed screws for security applications. Bryce specialty fasteners help customers in industries such as electronics, solar, retail, financial, construction, military, government, utilities, corrections, financial and more solve a wide range of unique and demanding applications.
Manufacturing was a necessity for developing the Keyed-Lok® and Key-Rex™ high security screws because available research and development was limited. As it turned out, we had to push the envelope in security screw cold heading to make the manufacturing process successful.
We now have capabilities for producing security screws, custom design screws and custom bolts that far exceed any other manufacturer.
We produce security fasteners in a wide range of sizes, from a 2/56 (M2) up to a 5/8-11 (M16). Each customer has a unique security bolt and the matching tamperproof screw bit manufactured specifically for them. We developed the Penta™ security nut and have capability to make a unique security nut for each customer as well. Standard tamper-resistant bolts and “specials” are also produced in our plant. Known as the high security screw specialists, we provide the best secure screw products in the world.
Our method of making unique security screws is difficult but cost-effective. The security screws are made using a process called cold forging. This means that our security shapes are forced into the head of the screw with up to 50 tons of pressure as rapidly as 100/minute. Special tamper-proof screw tooling is used, requiring highly experienced specialists, a great deal of time, and “dead nuts” security screw machines.
Though our high security screws are a little more expensive than regular screws, the added security is worth the additional cost – especially when one considers that these security screws are locks, not just tamper-resistant screws. And if we don’t have a fastener to fit your needs, we will custom design a bolt, nut or screw to your specifications.
Developing our fasteners is not easy. We have been challenged, humbled and pushed to the brink many times. Yet we feel we have developed revolutionary security screw products that rivaled previous inventors and that our efforts make the difference. For example:
- In the last century less than 10 styles of screws were introduced (example: Square Drive, Phillips®, Torx®, Allen®, Tri-wing®, one way, drilled spanner, etc). We have developed millions of styles.
- Each of the previous inventors used tooling to make one style. Our tooling must make millions of styles.
- They had one style of screw driver. We have millions.
- Other inventors could design and forget. We must keep track of over 300 million security screw styles.
- Others could outsource. We do everything ourselves.
- They make big runs. We must make small runs.
- They could take 14 weeks to manufacture. We can take just 6 weeks.
- They could be secure in their patents. We must be very selective in what our patents reveal.
Through our dedication to high security, we developed new tool making, manufacturing, key making, heat treating, and information processes. With decades of research, development and perseverance, our crew has emerged as the leader in producing one of the most secure and innovative fasteners ever.